Monday, June 11, 2012

Reasons for Blogging?

I’m having a hard time learning how to blog.  I should say that I'm having a hard time learning how to write something I hope others might find interesting enough take the time to read. I’m trying to wrap my head around the fact blogs are very important in introducing someone to the world. But that is only if they write anything worth reading or viewing.

There is also the fact hundreds of thousands of blogs are written every day, many of them amazing and so well known.... Hmm, this is interesting as I write and edit my words. There is a lot of negativity in what I have already written, such as "I could never compete with them considering whatever I might toss out into the world." That seems to be shooting myself in the foot (or mouth) before I even begin.

I understand part of that comes from the fact I have lived near the Great Lakes in the USA all of my life but for three short trips in my life (not counting my childhood trips to Kentucky which were to see family. "What might I know, or at least ramble on about, which might grab readers?" See, that also came from my first draft, completely ignoring the fact I love the book I have written (Annie's Trail) and believe it is worth pushing beyond my comfort zone. "I’m not sure there is anything I might say worth reading, but I need to try." As a writer, I need to show people I’m a decent enough writer to read. I hope to show them they can trust me with the time it takes to read a book. That is a large investment in time, and again with much competition.

This is my challenge as a blogger, to put myself out there into the world, to expand my horizons beyond home. I need to show myself worthy of people’s time and interest. So what is interesting about me? Well, I am one of the many people in this world who hears voices. Are they a product of my imagination or real? The Government says they aren't real. But many who have received spiritual readings and/or cleansings from me believe it is real and they too have felt or seen the Angels and spirits who help me in that cleansing work or they recognize a relative or friend in my descriptions of spirits I see near them.

This is also the source of much of my writing. Some of the stories come from dreams or from... perhaps they come from the Akashic Record, the River of Time. They might also come from other sources such as the Collective Unconscious of the Human Race. I believe there are many books in this world written from all those sources. And about the voices... it's like I told the psychiatrist who diagnosed me for the Gov't (and I was honest) when he asked about the voices, "I got rid of the bad voices years ago, cleansing them, but the good voices don't do a damn thing for me when it came to a job." Well, that was the truth then and even though (like most people) sometimes the negativity creeps in, and I can trip and fall, I always get back up.

The voices also helped me write the first draft of Annie's Trail in less than a month (May 2010) so I must take the time to say "Thank you," to all who helped. I am truly grateful.

Okay... I think that's enough for today's blog. I hope it was worth your time and too, I hope you  spend a bit of time to give me feedback. Who would like to hear more about the voices in my head and what I've experienced with them? If so, or if no, please let me know below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment